Kingsfold Methodist Church
Musings From The Manse
July - August 2019
It only seems like yesterday that I was writing my first newsletter article and saying ‘Hello’ to the good folks of Kingsfold and Penwortham Methodist Churches. Now its time to say ‘Goodbye’ as I complete my year in Pastoral Charge. At the end of July I move up to the city of Stirling in Scotland to take up a new role as Chair of Scotland and Shetland Districts of the Methodist Church.
I may only have been with you in Kingsfold and Penwortham as Circuit appointed Minister for the past 10 months but I have been in and around South Ribble and Preston Ribble Circuits for 13 years, including appointments covering 7 churches and Superintendency. That’s a good length of time and ministry experience to reflect on as I look back and forwards at the same time. I’ll be sharing some of this reflection at the Circuit Farewell Service on 21st July, 6:30pm at Bamber Bridge Methodist Church (an occasion shared with Rev Andrew Webb as he moves onto become Superintendent in Skipton).
Some of the highlights of my year with you:
1. The public parades we joined in or led (Remembrance Sunday, Good Friday, Gala Saturday (very wet), Mayor’s Civic Service Sunday)
2. Field- preaching on Gala Sunday (in the tradition of Mr Wesley’s preachers)
3. Working and walking with each other and St Leonard’s in a simple Community Audit (maybe the most important thing we’ve done in my year with you)
4. Singing great new hymns from our new hymn book ‘Singing the Faith’
5. Great community contact at Kingsfold Community Fun Day
6. Deep spiritual learning at Penwortham Emmaus Bible Study
7. The fun & laughter we’ve shared
Thank you for your time and company. For all that you have been (and all you’ve not been). For all that you have done (and all that you’ve not done).
As always Ministry has been a responsibility shot through with grace upon grace. For this I give thanks to God.
You’ll soon be welcoming Rev Janet Titterton as your new Minister in Pastoral Charge. I commend her to you and you to God.
Yours in Christ,